Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Custom Table - Cooking Butts

Options
davejames0426
davejames0426 Posts: 105
edited October 2011 in Forum List

I have three 7 pound boston butts on right now - getting ready for the games tonight...... A rainy cold night but I only had to go out one time and adjust temp using the Maverick ET-732 remote alarm with no temp controller.

Stabilized egg for one hour then put meat on and kept an eye on it for about 2.5 hours, temp stay at 250 until about 3 hours later which was about 3 AM this morning. Maverick alarm went off as the temp fell below 200, went at and made a small adjustment to top vent. Now 7.5 hours late still holding steady at around 240 as no other temp adjustments have been made. Meat temp in holding steady at 162, just sitting and waiting now - should work out to be perfect timing......

LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC

Comments