Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Is Medium size a good choice

m011708m011708 Posts: 13
edited October 2011 in EGGtoberfest

I am new to the forum and trying to decide what size Green Egg to purchase. I do most of my grilling for 2 people and seldom for more than 4. I grill a lot of seafood and occasionly chicken breasts or small whole chicken. I will be smoking fish as well. I like the idea of a medium size because of the weight and the more compact size. Has antone had any experience grilling on the medium size? Is there much difference in fuel consumption?

Thanks Jim

Comments

• Hey Jim
    I usually cook for 2 also. But just in case, I bought the large. I am 100% satisfied. On special occasions I cook for a larger group, family, friends. Large is good for me. I hope someone with a medium answers. It might be just fine.
  • LitLit Posts: 4,116
    The large is nice because you have more options for accessories. If price isn't a big deal get the large the extra room is nice. You can get a spider for the large and you can sear meat with less lump than the medium. They don't make a spider for the medium.
  • SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,101
    I have a large as well and live alone ... you will like and need the extra space in the long run, I sure do.
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • m011708m011708 Posts: 13

Thanks for all the advice, large it will be.

Jim 

• SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,101

Good choice ... let us know how you like it eh?

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    now that you've settled on the large... here is the xl seed being planted :)
    context is important :)
  • dmandman Posts: 2

You'll find it difficult to get a rack of ribs on a medium unless you start dividing the rack,

We generally cook for 2-6 people. I love my large and may add an X-large in the near future.