Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Warranty Question

SmoothSmokeSmoothSmoke Posts: 139
edited October 2011 in EggHead Forum
If i were to purchase a used egg.  And the firbox cracks.  I buy a new one direct from a dealer or headquarters.  Is the new firebox I purchased new covered for lifetime?

Comments

• egretegret Posts: 3,971
    edited October 2011
    If i were to purchase a used egg.  And the firbox cracks.  I buy a new one direct from a dealer or headquarters.  Is the new firebox I purchased new covered for lifetime?
    I would have to say "no" on this one. The warranty covers the BGE and parts thereof of the original purchaser. You'd be using the new fire box in an egg that's not covered under warranty. There's nothing wrong with using the egg with the fire box cracked. I have several eggs and all but one have cracks in the fire box! I've submitted these claims and have the new ones in the boxes ready to use in case the old ones fall completely apart.........
  • LitLit Posts: 2,224
    I think he was asking if he bought a new fire box would he have a warranty on teh new one. Pretty sure the answer is yes.
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    The answer is YES per BGE factory.