Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wood Smoking Pellets

edited 8:03PM in EggHead Forum
I have found a web site that sells wood pellets for smoking. No soaking required and they work better than wood chips. They have hickory, mesquite, cherry, oak, apple, alder, pecan, maple, and pecan. The web site is http://www.outdoorhome.com I discovered these pellets at a BBQ store in Tulsa, OK and will not go back to wood chips. Let me know how well you like them. Kent
·

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Kent Charles, I have heard of the big time heavy duty smoker chefs using em. And liking em. Hope they work out for ya. I even heard a rumor that they have a auger delivery to the cookers..keeps the fire perking along. Now I gotta drill a big hole in the side of my BGE to keep up with the Jones Boys..:-)
    (I am kidding I hope...)
    C~W[p]

·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Kent Charles,[p]I tried them - didn't like them. Don't add water or you'll have sawdust pudding. They just seemed too small to smoke at anything less than the Egg's very lowest attainable temps. I prefer chips or chunks.[p]Tim
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    LMAO!
    context is important :)
    ·