Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Solid Surface Top for Custom Table

Options
Danny Noonan
Danny Noonan Posts: 29
edited October 2011 in EGG Table Forum
I am planning to build a custom table. Dimensions will allow large egg to be covered with standard large BGE table cover. Does anyone know of a good source for the top(granite or corian type) in the Atlanta area, preferably north of town. The top will be 25" x 58" with the 21" circumference hole for the egg. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• HebearMcGhee
    Options
    I have one being made right now actually. I'll give you the company's info tomorrow when I get back in the shop.
    http://choiceofga.com 1000+ Tables & Counting… Direct From Fayetteville, GA "It is a poor carpenter who blames his tools."
  • gamera06
    Options
    We picked granite, as corian is not so hard... And not so easy to drill/polish as advertised.

BGE XL, Large & Mini, Black Wifi Stoker Cannes, France
  • DominicMagestic
    Options
    we remodeled our kitchen a while back and had a bunch of corian that was salvaged that i used on my table.  easy to work with sawing, rounding over edges, etc. but i don't recommend it.  stains easily and can't place anything hot on it.  i have sanded out the stains a few times but will be replacing it with a rock at some point.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
    aka Frank from Houma eggin in Corpus Christi
    Geaux Tigers - Who Dat
  • HebearMcGhee
    Options
    I am planning to build a custom table. Dimensions will allow large egg to be covered with standard large BGE table cover. Does anyone know of a good source for the top(granite or corian type) in the Atlanta area, preferably north of town. The top will be 25" x 58" with the 21" circumference hole for the egg. Thanks for any suggestions.
    http://www.synmarinc.com/

I misread that you were looking for someone N of ATL. They're in Jonesboro. Sorry.
    http://choiceofga.com 1000+ Tables & Counting… Direct From Fayetteville, GA "It is a poor carpenter who blames his tools."
  • Randewithane
    Options
    Check out some concrete counter tops. I formed mine on the cabinet and made my own mix of concrete,sand and color for less than $50. 
  • jrothe34
    Options
    I found a great saw mill outside of Philadelphia that cut a 2 inch slab out of this lumber. 29x60 inches. placing granite slab in the top. Let me know if you want the lumber yard contact info. Total cost 190 and he ships cheap.
  • Danny Noonan
    Options
  • Deadskins
    Options
    When remodeling our kitchen, I had the granite guys save the piece they cut out for the stove top.  After I made my egg table, I took the exact measurements to the granite place and they trimmed it to match my requirements.  I then used cut decking to go around it.
  • dunnharr
    Options
    I had a friend build mine and he used a piece of Corian he had in his shop.  It's been great - I just use 409 on it and I've never had any problems with stains.