Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What should I set my egg on?

Bumm39Bumm39 Posts: 52
edited October 2011 in EGG Table Forum
Got a custom built Egg Table, but no stone or brick to set it on. Any suggestions??? 

Comments

• For the sake of clarity, you're talking about the egg correct?
    (It's been a long day.)
    [-(
    http://choiceofga.com 1000+ Tables & Counting… Direct From Fayetteville, GA "It is a poor carpenter who blames his tools."
  • Bumm39Bumm39 Posts: 52
    yup

• A simple concrete paver works just fine.

I bought a 12"x12"x1.5" fom Lowe's for just a few bucks. I also "sunk" it into the table a bit so that only about 3/4" is showing. Been that way for 7 years and thousands of cooks and never a problem.image

War Eagle and pass the Sauce!
  • Bumm39Bumm39 Posts: 52
    went with a 20x20 x1 7/8 paver will post pics when complete 
                         Thanx for all the suggestions 
  • I am looking at slate, granite and possible marble. How thick should these be?
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    1-1/2"
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    I'm using eight full fire bricks which makes about an eighteen inch square. The full ones are 2 1/2 inches thick. Picked them up at a local brick dealer. May be overkill, but better safe than sorry.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • Yeah, I used then 1.25" ones you can find at Menards or similar hardware store back when I had a wood table.  I arranged them to cover the bottom surface of the egg and had no issue with the wood underneath.
    Packerland, Wisconsin