Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Georgia Mountain Eggfest 2012

Options
egret
egret Posts: 4,170
edited October 2011 in EggHead Forum
Just a quick note and a head's up on next year's eggfest. Bookings are underway for the entertainment at the Music Hall at the GA Mt. Fairgrounds. This is where we have the meet and greet. However, it shouldn't affect us since they are always on Saturday. What it could affect is the available accomodations, so I'd strongly urge anyone contemplating attending next year to make your reservations soon! It would be a whole lot better to make them and have to cancel later. The host hotel has blocked off some rooms for us. Mention that you are coming to the eggfest and you'll get a special rate. The Ramada Inn's number is : 706-896-5253. 
The campground at the fairgrounds will begin making reservations after Jan. 1, 2012. 
The forum banner will be up as soon as the distributor processes the info through BGE and as soon as BGE starts putting up the banners for 2012.
A couple of pics from this year :

Comments

• HebearMcGhee
    Options
    I'll take those surroundings over AMS and Eggtoberfest any day. Will definitely try to make it.
    http://choiceofga.com 1000+ Tables & Counting… Direct From Fayetteville, GA "It is a poor carpenter who blames his tools."
  • Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    Options
    @egret I have only been to two Eggfest both at Atlanta Motor Speedway. I am hoping to attend the Ga Mt Eggfest in May. I think at smaller fest you would be able to get to know people a little better. I am looking forward to it.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • egret
    Options
    @egret I have only been to two Eggfest both at Atlanta Motor Speedway. I am hoping to attend the Ga Mt Eggfest in May. I think at smaller fest you would be able to get to know people a little better. I am looking forward to it.
    That's great, Spoon! This isn't one of the smaller fests.......we had about 800 people this year at our inaugural fest. But, it's nowhere near that huge fest in Atlanta. The meet and greet we had was worth the price of admission, and the venue is one of a kind.  :)
  • banzaitoyota
    Options
    Will there be venders?
  • egret
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'll take those surroundings over AMS and Eggtoberfest any day. Will definitely try to make it.
    I sure hope you can make it next year. This venue is really special with covered booths and shade trees in abundance. It's right on Lake Chatuge with views of the surrounding mountains. It'll be one you'll never forget! I know I sound prejudiced, but I've been to 20 or more fests across the country the last several years and this venue tops them all.......by a long shot!
  • egret
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Will there be venders?
    Yes, we're going to have several vendors! I'm just starting to line them up. We're offering a free covered booth for all vendors, so I'm expecting a pretty good turnout. Are there any particular vendors you would like to see here?