Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL Table Build, need advice (pics)

Options
Pa_BBQ
Pa_BBQ Posts: 132
edited October 2011 in EggHead Forum
I am building a table for my XL BGE and I want some advice on the platform. 

I know it gets hot and I have heard a lot about cement pavers cracking (I just noticed mine is under my Large) 
I heard fire brick is the best, and not on a solid wood base, leave some room for air circulation. 

So on this build, is this safe or would you be concerned about where the bricks touch having cracks? 
I have some of that grill guard that you put on your deck under the gas grill, could put that under the fire brick, but may kill the idea of air flow. 

Guess I am asking what you would do, the XL is not to be used with the feet, doesnt even come with any and its huge, this is (10) 4.5 X 9 X1.5 fire bricks. 

Large BGE
Meadow Creek TS120 Stick Burner
Stoker, BBQ Guru. 

Erie, Pa. 

Comments

• ribmaster
    ribmaster Posts: 209
    Options
    I would remove the center piece and replace them with two 2x4s on edge like the others, about 2" apart( one inch in from each brick. Just like you were thinking,
    I grill therefore I am.....not hungy.