Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Eggs are coming! The Eggs are coming!

The_Grill_Sergeant
The_Grill_Sergeant Posts: 87
edited October 2011 in EggHead Forum
I just placed my initial order, so I've got 3 large, 1 medium, and 1 small on the way, plus a wide variety of EGGsessories to have on display.  We're going to have a big EGGstravaganza when we launch that will hopefully include participation from a local butcher.

Can't wait!

Sarge
Egg Head in Klamath Falls, Oregon

Comments

• LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    That's hardcore what kind of food business are you in or getting in to?
    context is important :)
  • Actually, we're an HVAC company that's getting ready to launch a Hearth & Home retail store.  We're going to feature wood/pellet/gas stoves & inserts, and The Big Green Egg.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    No XL?

Best of luck to you, hope everything goes well!

Packerland, Wisconsin

• LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Good luck with your new venture. What city/state?
    context is important :)
  • I had an XL on the original list, but decided to hold off.  It's pretty expensive, and I want to see how well the product line does first.  I know that if someone wants an XL I can have it here in a couple days.

There was a large, local, Home Depot-type store here that tried selling the Egg, but gave up.  I heard they stopped trying because they had nobody there willing to educate themselves on the product line.  I plan on bringing one home and cooking on it for a couple weeks before we launch.

@LDD - We're in Klamath Falls, Oregon.
  • I had an XL on the original list, but decided to hold off.  It's pretty expensive, and I want to see how well the product line does first.  I know that if someone wants an XL I can have it here in a couple days.

There was a large, local, Home Depot-type store here that tried selling the Egg, but gave up.  I heard they stopped trying because they had nobody there willing to educate themselves on the product line.  I plan on bringing one home and cooking on it for a couple weeks before we launch.

@LDD - We're in Klamath Falls, Oregon.
    One item that got me interested was hearing about a raffle that my local store had.  I tasted the food they had cooking, just some chicken drum sticks and wings.   From there I picked up info, researched it then purchased a few weeks later .   I would certainly see about having a demo cook to show off the egg.
  • I would suggest getting the XL for your floor.  The mistake most dealers make is not having the comparison of sizes to look at, they may not buy it but they would like to see the difference in size from one model to another.  Good luck with the new store.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    I would suggest getting the XL for your floor.  The mistake most dealers make is not having the comparison of sizes to look at, they may not buy it but they would like to see the difference in size from one model to another.  Good luck with the new store.
    Yup, exactly the reason I asked.  XL's are becoming increasingly more popular.  I bet you sell one if you have one on the floor.  For many, the couple hundred extra is worth it to have the "horizontal space".  It was for me.
    Plus, they're just really impressive looking!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Bumm39
    Bumm39 Posts: 60
    from the other corner of island good luck with Venture
  • The Eggs are here!  The Eggs are here!
  • Woohoo!  Pallet of goodness!

• Maybe you should stick to heating and air. I hear its a good trade. How many people you got working for you? Too many irons in the fire could be a bad thing.
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Good luck with your new venture, I am sure you will be successful.

Gerhard
  • Thanks!  I know we're gonna rock this thing!
  • Building a Cart for a Large this morning.  Love the top.  Am I correct in assuming that I should get some sort of paver to put under the Egg to keep the bottom shelf from burning through?
  • banzaitoyota
    banzaitoyota Posts: 173
    edited October 2011
    Offer wicked lump charcoal

I have access to several starea that offer BGE's. My money is spent at the store with an assortment of eggcessories,spices and most important of all KNOWLEDGE. Nothing is more frustrating than getting a blank stare from the store employee when they are asked a question about how to use what you bought from that store!

Imagine selling a customer an ecobee thermostat and not being able to do a basic setup for the customer
  • That's the plan here.  I'm taking one home tomorrow after work, and I'm going to fire it up and see what sort of damage I can do.  I'm going to cook on it for a couple weeks, and then we're going to have our big launch event.  Once the store is open, I plan to have one out front cooking all the time.  Nothing like the smell of a smoker hard a work to reel them in!

I've been reading this forum like crazy, and watching YouTube videos on how to cook with the Egg, plus, I've been a grill freak for years, going from gas, to Weber kettle, now to an Egg.  Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked about it all.
  • Your enthusiasm is infectious, and without even using it yet! I'm sure you'll do well with them.  Best of luck
    Mamaroneck
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102

I know you will love 'em ... I still can't get the grin off my face and I've had mine for near a month now ...

Have fun!

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • so how's the business been?  both?  hvac and you bbq adventure w pellet stoves?? just wondering.
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    wow, from a couple years ago.  I'm interested in an update as well.  Hope you became the biggest Big Green Egg salesman of the Northwest!
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I have said this to several and none doing it. Put a screen showing the forum up so your customers can see the support group they get with the Egg.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    @ Mickey - that's a very good idea. 

He must be busy selling eggs. There is an HVAC store that comes up on the dealer locator in Klamath Falls, OR. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    @Mickey no doubt! I bought my egg thinking I would get an instruction book or something on how to use it. Luckily I had found this place and read many many threads here already because I got no instructions or tips with it at all. This forum is all you really need.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!