Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Has BGE always prohibited internet sales?

j2gramj2gram Posts: 2
edited October 2011 in Pre-Sale Questions
I bought a large Egg with nest and mate in April 2004. The seller was BBQGUYS.COM. The price was $697.30 including shipping by the Grill Store and More in Baton Rogue LA.

I'd researched many web sites and local (Portland OR) dealers and the online price was ~$140 less than any local dealer. I even asked one shop if he would match the online price and was told, "You can find anything you want on the web. We can't match."

The egg was shipped to Portland from Baton Rouge via truck and arrived well packed and intact. Complete assembly instructions were included and it took me a couple of hours to put everything together. I completed the enclosed warranty card and mailed it to BGE, PO box 29505, Atlanta GA, indicating I had purchased everything via mail order which was shipped by Grill Store and More in Baton Rouge.

I don't remember seeing on the BGE web site in 2004 the dictum that now appears:

"Authorized Dealers & Internet Policy:

There are no authorized internet retailers for Big Green Egg products. Purchasing and shipping any Big Green Egg product from an internet source will void the warranty associated with that product."

There have been no problems with our Egg except for normal wear and tear (gasket and firebox replacement) so warranty was never an issue. My question:

If BGE does not authorize internet retailers to sell their products, where do online retailers get their products? Just curious.

John in Portland

Comments