Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anyone build a Nest ?

bschroedbschroed Posts: 29
edited October 2011 in EggHead Forum
Hello again. I am thinking on building a nest for my large egg. I have a table that I built, but I want to make something a little more portable. Just don`t want to spend much more $$ than I already have.
Any ideas ?
·

Comments

• Someone (SmittytheSmoker?) posted photos of a wooden nest.  Maybe that would give you some ideas.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,706
    edited October 2011

My 7,000 lb. "nest" would be the OPPOSITE of portable... :))
    ...but my old one was portable.  I used it for about a year before it started getting a little "loose" from dragging it around the yard.

Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • ChokeOnSmoke   thanks a lot. I enjoy the pictures.
    ·
  • Pa_BBQPa_BBQ Posts: 119
    I am thinking the same thing and there are advantages to building your own out of wood. 
    You can easily add shelves, fold up tables etc. 

I am thinking about building one with large air tires so I can move it easy and even load it on a trailer if I want. 
    Large BGE
    Meadow Creek TS120 Stick Burner
    Stoker, BBQ Guru. 

Erie, Pa. 
    ·
  • Choke on smoke. WOW, that thing is beautiful. Makes me want to do the same thing.
    ·