Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lemon Chicken?

T-47
T-47 Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw a post about simple boneless/skinless chicken breasts marinated in lemon juice and the rind but I cannot find it now? Familiar to anyone?

Comments

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    T-47,
    This was posted by Clay-Q a few days back. Is this it?
    Cheers, Bob
    This simple recipe is for skinless and boneless chicken breast. And it's a good one for Mothers Day.[p]Lemon Chicken with Rice[p]4 chicken breasts skinless and boneless (or two whole chicken breasts)
    2 large or 3 small lemons
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    4 pinches of tyme
    4 pinches of rosemary
    3 cups jasmin rice (raw)
    salt and pepper to taste[p]Wash the lemons, slice in half and squeeze the juice out in a container. Chop up the rind. Place chicken in a gallon freezer ziplock bag, add lemon juice and rind. Close bag, removing as much air as possible and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Just before you fire up the egg, take chicken out of the frig to rest on the counter top but leave it in the bag.[p]Now the fun part. Fire up the egg and stabilize at 400 degrees. Setup is indirect, grid on platesetter, drip pan under grid. Just let it chug along for a while because you want a clean burn, no smoke and the dome full of radiant heat.[p]Back in the house, make the rice. Pull the chicken out of the bag and place on a prep dish. Rub olive oil on both sides of breasts, sprinkle on tyme and rosemary, salt and pepper. When rice is done, keep it warm.[p]Back to the egg! Spray a little oil on the grid and lay on the breasts. Yeeeaaaaa, that smells good! Insert temp probe in thickest part and close the dome. Cook without flipping untill meat is 160 degrees and your done.[p]Bed the chicken on rice with a little sliced lemon on the side and a little parsley if you have it. Bam! Mom's happy! This chicken will be fork tender and moist.[p]Clay[p][p]

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    bobbyb,
    Made Lemon chicken breasts again yesterday. Sprinkled on Tsunami spin. Bam! Good stuff.[p]Then while the egg was still hot I grilled country style rib meat. Sprinkled on Raging river. Bam, Bam! Real good stuff.[p]I could not stop. Got my chicken stand out, dumped some beer in, dumped some beer in me, and set a nice plump chick on it. Sprinkled on some Swamp venom. Triple Bam!!![p]Ahhhhhhh, man, life is good. Eating leftovers today. :o)
    Clay

• T-47
    T-47 Posts: 84
    Clay Q,
    bam to you man...thats the one. I am goin to give tis a try saturday! thanks Clay Q and bobbyb for the help!