Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It"s Official!

Options
SimmonsFamily
SimmonsFamily Posts: 41
edited October 2011 in EggHead Forum
I finally purchased my first Big Green Egg about a week ago. The first night I did a smoked chicken. The second evening I seared some ribeyes at 700 degrees, both turned out perfect. I need to figure out how to make my wife not scared of it. She was running our char-griller like a pro and now she won't even touch this.... Also, is it normal to have dreams about your BGE? :)

Comments

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Yes, totally normal.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Options
    What he said.  You'll dream about cooks.  It's all good.  You know....the wife leaving the EGG alone to you is perfectly acceptable.  My wife won't touch ours and that's how I like it.  That's my territory.  No offense to the lady eggers.  My wife just isn't one.  LOL. 
  • ribmaster
    ribmaster Posts: 209
    Options

Sounds like she is pulling the Old Tom Sawyer Whitewashing Trick. But... there was a guy on here whose Fiance burned down his house lighting it for him.

I grill therefore I am.....not hungy.
  • Zuma
    Zuma Posts: 50
    Options
    My wife won't touch ours either.   Ok by me.   I think she is trying to make me think that she doesn't have a clue how to run it.    The way I look at it is that each night we grill is an  " event."