Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

marinade brisket

Options
uncledave
uncledave Posts: 90
edited October 2011 in Forum List
I've read alot of Brisket recipes and methods of cooking. Does anyone marinade or brine a brisket?

Comments

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    Nope, never have.  Just use worchester & rub right before I'm ready to throw the brisket on.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• banzaitoyota
    Options
    I marinade mine in Dons marinade. I take it out of the marinade 2 to 3 hours before I place the rub on
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    I have never used a marinade for brisket. I just use mustard or worcestershire.. apply rub and put it on. I think I was once told that the marinade can't penetrate the brisket in short amount of time (up to one day)
    context is important :)
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Options

I have never used a marinade for brisket. I just use mustard or worcestershire.. apply rub and put it on. I

think I was once told that the marinade can't penetrate the brisket in short amount of time (up to one day)

I have to agree ... dense red meats don't brine well and a marinade is best on thin cuts of red meat.
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Another option is using an injection.  Many competition cooks use one, either their own recipe or from an online source.  Injections allow the deep penetration of the liquid and you are the one controlling how much and to where it goes in the meat.  Also, vacu-tumbling works well with briskets.  I have done 2 13lb packers at a time for 2 hours and get great penetration into the meat.  The fun part is trying different things....
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!