Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited October 2011 in EggHead Forum

Ever since I first saw this, I have been wanting to try it. Well last night was the night and it was phenomenal (and the piece I just had for breakfast was even better ;)  )

My wife also made herself a pie

For the whole story check out my blog

http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2011/10/04/a-tale-of-two-pizzas/

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    looks great.I like the colour on the 2nd pizza. (I'm a fan of nicely browned cheese on top)
    context is important :)
  • BBQBear
    BBQBear Posts: 11
    What temp did you cook and what was your set-up?
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Thanks. For some reason I didn't end up with a finished pic of my pizza, just that one where its still on the Egg.

I cooked them at 650. Platesetter legs down, 3 green feet and then the BGE pizza stone on top. Make sure that you allow 30minutes for your stone to come up to temp before throwing your pies on.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• BBQBear
    BBQBear Posts: 11
    Thanks! I really appreciate the tips! Your pizzas look fantastic!!!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Griffin both of those pies look outstanding.  I think I am going to have to give both of those a try.  

If you are a fan of reuben sandwiches then another fun one to try is a reuben pizza. 

I'm sure you could guess but use thousand or russion dressing for the sauce, corned beef or pastrami, swiss, kraut, also mozzarella, and caraway seeds to  give it that rye flavor.   

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.