Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed peppers & Buttercup squash

Options
Squeezy
Squeezy Posts: 1,102
edited October 2011 in EggHead Forum

Filled my peppers with a mixture containing Basmati rice, chorizo, ground beef, tomato sauce and old cheddar. Smoked with pecan.

Also, grilled off some beef & sausage patties ... no pix of that ... (forgot)

Did the squash also with pecan and topped with Maple syrup, butter & fresh ground pepper ...

imageimageimage

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.

Comments

• Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    Options
    Nice job Squeezy. I usually don't go for stuffed peppers, but yours look and sound really good, to the point I may even try my hand at them. The squash looks good too, how was it with the pecan smoke?
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • Squeezy
    Options
    Pecan is a first choice for me with pork & poultry. First tried it with chicken and later ribs ... awesome IMHO!
  • Squeezy
    edited October 2011
    Options

Quinoi ... this is millet? Never ate it ... only seen it in bird seed mixes ....

Same as quinoa I think .. So what's it taste like?

• Jasper
    Jasper Posts: 378
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think tweev misspelled "Quinoa"...unless he's meaning "quiniodine".  ;)

Quinoa is very healthy...high in protein. Might work well as a pepper stuffing. I'd be curious how it turns out.

But Squeezy, those peppers do look nice!
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    nice looking peppers + nice colour on the cheese.

although you earned 2 min. in the corner for forgetting to take pics of the patties :)

how long did the take? looks like direct ?
    context is important :)
  • Squeezy
    Options

I did take pics of the patties when I put them on ... just forgot to take the finish shots ... Why post pix of just raw patties without the finish shot?

Yes, I did cook direct and it was about 30 min. @ about 350º ... a little hotter than planned ... still learning to control heat ...