Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dr. BBQ's Big-Time Cookbook

Options
GrillMeister
GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
drbbq.jpg
<p />Yo Ray,[p]I found your book at Barnes & Nobels in Austin yesterday. They had 5 of them in the cook book area. It's a great read and an egger must have![p]I wondered what you were injecting into your brisket in Huntsville last weekend. Now I figure it was your Big Cow Beef Injection recipe. I'm going to have to try it.[p]By the way, I took two of your books and left them face out on the shelf for maximum exposure. Heee.[p]Cheers,[p]GM[p]
[ul][li]Dr. BBQ's Big-Time BBQ Cookbook[/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
Austin, Texas

Comments

• Ironbaugh
    Ironbaugh Posts: 93
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    I did the same thing at our local Barnes & Noble in Cape Girardeau. Bought mine Friday. Great cookbook. May drive to Memphis Sat. Hope to meet the Dr.

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Ironbaugh,[p]Thanks guys, I appreciate the Guerilla marketing assitance.[p]I'll be easy to find Saturday in Memphis. I'm doing a grilling demo on the cooking stage at 1:00, and signing books afterwards until about 3:00. See you there.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]Funny...I just took two of his books![p](just kidding. Stealing is wrong).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bought all they had at local borders, I am giving them away to clients and grill buddys.
  • Love Handles
    Love Handles Posts: 253
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    I picked up the only copy at Hastings yesterday, but I am going to ask them to order more, so I can give some to friends. I started reading mine last night, and its really good. I feel lucky to been one of the people who got to go to one of Rays classes and meet all the people who were there also. See-Yaa

• MR H
    MR H Posts: 109
    Options
    drbbq,
    Ray, when will you be back in Lakeland? Maybe you can sign my book then. Once again a Great book![p]Howard in Bartow

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]I ordered one. If nothing else, need to have it to keep up with the water cooler talk![p]Man am I looking forward to Texfest. Sometimes I miss youse guys more than I miss my own family. Something definitely pick-yul-yar there.[p]Will bring Polly and Molly Vinyl. Should I bring Flor and Ida?[p]mShark
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    mollyshark,[p]Flor and Ida are part of the family, aren't they?[p]Have fun at the Fest! We leave for Waldorf on Thursday and are REALLY looking forward to seeing everyone again![p]Tonia
    :~)

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Thanks Howard.
    I'll be happy to sign it, but I won't be back until Labor Day.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    I bought a copy about a week before his book signing and class and prompltly left my copy at the house. So now I have 2 copies, which is cool, because I can mark one up and make notes and have the pristene signed copy for the collection.[p]I'm sure he would rather me do that the other way by having the signed one all marked up and well used...lol.

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]I'm going to buy a few from Amazon for Christmas Gifts this year. It's great for new eggers and prospective ones too.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas