Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swing Rack Videos

Options

Comments

• GreenLeafBBQ
    Options
    I saw your post on the BBQ Brethren site - good looking product. Very similar to the Bubba Keg. Are you the manufacturer? If so, are you looking for a California retailer? If so, I think they would go well in my BBQ shop.
  • Navigator
    Options
    I tried my Swing Rack tonight, was just did some brats on the top level and a thicker potato sausage on the bottom. Worked great, the top swings over smoothly and nothing stuck,  
    Rich
    Ashland, WI  /  Large & Mini Max
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Options
    kind of expensive at 125.00. But looks nice
  • Grillin_n_Chillin
    Options
    I have one also. Being from Pittsburgh it's pretty cool to have a local shop make something like this. Have to say I use mine all the time, didn't think the $125 was bad considering how well built the product is, and is pretty nonstick right out of the box.
  • SmokinJ
    SmokinJ Posts: 220
    Options

I have one which one also. It stays in my grill all the time. I love it. $125 is a good price for the quality and the functionality I believe. A cast iron grid cost $60-$70 depending on  which one you buy. Thats for only one grate. Here its your getting two top quality grates and the function of swinging out to have free access to the food.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    I have been using this setup for around 6 weeks after seeing a post on here a few months back.  Contacted the company and spoke extensively with the "video man". Been extremely happy with function and ease of use.  Would strongly recommend to anyone looking for equipment to "go vertical" in the LBGE. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Navigator
    Options
    Just got mine, used it 3 times, works great, should last a lifetime.
    Rich
    Ashland, WI  /  Large & Mini Max
  • semper fi shane
    Options

can this be used on the XL egg? 

• Grillin_n_Chillin
    Options
    Hey Semper,

Ironically, I was at Ceramic Grillworks today buying some lump and rubs. They will have an XL version available by month end. Saw a working prototype....it's massive, upper rack is 18" and main rack is 24". Hope this helps.
  • semper fi shane
    semper fi shane Posts: 27
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Hey Semper, Ironically, I was at Ceramic Grillworks today buying some lump and rubs. They will have an XL version available by month end. Saw a working prototype....it's massive, upper rack is 18" and main rack is 24". Hope this helps.
    thanks!
  • semper fi shane
    Options
    Hey Semper, Ironically, I was at Ceramic Grillworks today buying some lump and rubs. They will have an XL version available by month end. Saw a working prototype....it's massive, upper rack is 18" and main rack is 24". Hope this helps.
    thanks!