Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Jerk Chicken Breasts

Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just made some really simple chicken breasts with only J Appledog's Jamaican Jerk, extra virgin olive oil, and some shaker parm cheese. I have to admit, I used WAY more than the recommended dosage of jerk on these babies since Cornfed likes his chicken spicy. Grilled at between 250 and 300 for about 40 minutes. The results were VERY GOOD! Very juicy, awesome flavor, and a level of heat that put a couple extra hairs on the proverbial chest.[p]Ah, the simple pleasures,
Cornfed

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Cornfed, that JCA really puts out some great jerks. Try some ground pork burgers sometime if you have her disappearing mustard. Grill the burgers and after you put the meat to the bun, give it a swipe of her mustard. Or even on a pork chop..Great stuff.
    Do a Boston Butt with the Jerk..and like you said, kinda take it easy till you get the taste level set for your levels. And that is doubly true for Walkersford Jamacian Jerk..Whooooooooooo! JCA's lets ya creep up on it.[p]

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Char-Woody,[p]That disappearing mustard is goooooooooooooooood. Haven't used it in a cook yet, but my samples of it plus addition to a regular sandwich have been awesome![p]Cornfed
  • Cornfed, Simple indeed . Doing chicken tonight with basically the same stuff. put the chicken in the jerk about an hour ago. The longer in the jerk the better. Mother-in-law doesn't like it hot so I put her's in last night-hee hee hee--
    Have a great day and hope the weekend is good to you. Char Woody, thanks for all the great words.
    yours in the egg--The Colonel

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    The Colonel,[p]""Mother-in-law doesn't like it hot so I put her's in last night-hee hee hee--""[p]Ooo, Dee better not see this post. And you might want to try a dash of habenero sauce - scorned woman comes to mind - ouch! You devil- good work.[p]Tim
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Char-Woody,
    Yeah, I used that Walkerswood on a tenderloin, then some jerked jerky. Has quite a kick to it! [p]Had the privelage to meet our own RhumandJerk the other day when the French family came thru the DC area en route to Virginia Beach. Great family!! MikeO (the other Mike) popped by for the short gathering. [p]Anywho, R&J brought me a bottle of that Eatons jerk....which apparently also has quite a punch. Look forward to digging into it! You had that one?? Also ended up with a Mulberry log that I split with MikeO. Thanks Mike![p]Well, time to get to work. Code RED air quality in the Washington area this weekend. Nasty stuff. No daytime egging.[p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Cornfed, Colonel & C~W: Many thanks for the kudos! JCA