Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Hot Rodded Large BGE

PhotoProPhotoPro Posts: 47
edited September 2011 in EggHead Forum
I just finished hot-rodding my Large BGE with all the bells and whistles.  First, it has one of the new fireboxes that is pre-cut from top to bottom to allow for the expansion and contraction that frequently cracks the old-sty;le ceramic fireboxes (this is my third replacement in 12 years).  Next, I've replaced the old felt gasket with Nomex high-temperature gasket material from high-que.  Also from high-que, I've replaced the broken cast iron fire grate with a stainless fire grid that doesn't get clogged up.  I replaced the old side vent door with one of the new models that has a screen door slider underneath the solid metal slider.  Stuck to the outside of the door is a Pro Comm 4 Wireless Control from The Barbecue Guru.  For the internals I have a regular and cast iron grate along with a large plate setter.  To that I have added a complete Woo3 set for grilling, baking, and cooking in the wok.  There's a nine LED work light on a goose neck.

Did I miss anything?

Comments