Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot Rodded Large BGE

PhotoPro
PhotoPro Posts: 47
edited September 2011 in EggHead Forum
I just finished hot-rodding my Large BGE with all the bells and whistles.  First, it has one of the new fireboxes that is pre-cut from top to bottom to allow for the expansion and contraction that frequently cracks the old-sty;le ceramic fireboxes (this is my third replacement in 12 years).  Next, I've replaced the old felt gasket with Nomex high-temperature gasket material from high-que.  Also from high-que, I've replaced the broken cast iron fire grate with a stainless fire grid that doesn't get clogged up.  I replaced the old side vent door with one of the new models that has a screen door slider underneath the solid metal slider.  Stuck to the outside of the door is a Pro Comm 4 Wireless Control from The Barbecue Guru.  For the internals I have a regular and cast iron grate along with a large plate setter.  To that I have added a complete Woo3 set for grilling, baking, and cooking in the wok.  There's a nine LED work light on a goose neck.

Did I miss anything?

Comments