Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

A Light for the BGE

minkoffminkoff Posts: 4
edited September 2011 in EggHead Forum
Any suggestions for a battery operated good quality light?
·

Comments

• Here's a light we use when we are out cooking at competitions, Can be single or break off individual flashlights.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,235
    edited September 2011

duplicate post

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • duplicate post

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • Thanks in advance
    ·
  • Salty Hogs BBQSalty Hogs BBQ Posts: 171
    edited September 2011
    I have this (link attached) to my handle on my large BGE. Runs on batteries, points directly into the BGE, quality made, and is pretty bright. You open up lid and it turns on automatically. Love it.

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-7516-Grill-Handle-Light/dp/B000WEKNYW
    Love me some maple.  Go Canadians.
    ·
  • I got a removeable, magnetic base LED light.  just there when I need it.

works good-I'd recommend it.  think I got it at Lowes.image

·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,427
    I might sound stupid, but I like to use a Cabela's head lamp.  No matter what, the light is always pointed where I want it.

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • @Flashback   Hows that magnetic base working out on the wood table?  :)
    ·
  • Flashback BobFlashback Bob Posts: 518
    edited September 2011
    I secured 2 fender washers to the top (I think I nailed them) in this photo they look kind of wobbly but they're not.  they are flush tight against the surface.image
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,829
    I might sound stupid, but I like to use a Cabela's head lamp.  No matter what, the light is always pointed where I want it.

Mike
    Omaha, NE
    I was going to suggest the same thing :).  It may look a little goofy, but a headlight works great.  I use them all the time when I need light for cooking, camping, working around the house,etc.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,101

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I was going to suggest the same thing :).  It may look a little goofy, but a headlight works great.  I use them all the time when I need light for cooking, camping, working around the house,etc.

I use one too!
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
    ·