Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stuffed Chicken Breast

Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited 1:01AM in EggHead Forum
Had a large, skinless, boneless chicken breast left over from another cook so I decided to stuff it.

Goat cheese, fresh baby spinach, sun-dried tomatoes:
IMG_2932.jpg

Added saute'd onions, garlic, and Shittake mushrooms. Oregano, basil, thyme sprinkled on before rolling:
IMG_2935.jpg

Rolled, secured with toothpicks and seasoned with the above plus DP Shaking the Tree. Cooked indirect, elevated at 300* until the internal (stuffing) registered 165*. (Pecan and apple chips). Foiled and rested:
IMG_2937.jpg

Sliced:
IMG_2938.jpg

Plated with grilled yellar squash and sliced Asian eggplant:
IMG_2939.jpg

Thanks for looking..... :)
·

Comments

• Zogman100Zogman100 Posts: 69
    Very Nice. I love stuffing chicken breasts. They always turn out fantastic!
    ·
  • Very Nice
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,418
    Outstanding meal. Did you forget the bacon :laugh:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    That looks very tasty. Great job. I like chicken breasts I might have to try this. Thanks
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Great looking cook Clark.

I don't think I have ever tasted goat cheese.

Kent
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    You rockin it Clark!YUMMM-EE lookin cook! :)
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Wifey has a 'stroke' when I use bacon - "too much fat" and "not healthy", etc..... :(

You get the drift. It would definitely have made the chicken a little less dry. :whistle:
    ·
    It was easy peasy, once I had all the ingredients (trip to the store :unsure: ). :)
    ·
    KENT !!!! OMG !!

It is the smoothest, best tasting stuff!!! It's about $4.00 per 4 ounces (used 2 oz for this recipe). Great on pizzas also!
    ·
    Thanks. Hey, I haven't seen a jar of that pickled squash on my doorstep yet. :ohmy: :ohmy: :laugh: :laugh:
    ·
    This was my first one to stuff myself - wifey was impressed! :woohoo:
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    :whistle: :evil:
    ·
  • It looks good, and it's nice to see you posting again.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920
    Looks like you knocked that one out of the park, Clark. I'd eat that in a second.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • roosterrooster Posts: 252
    "you are serious Clark" Did you have any tomatoes in the earth boxes? I am getting a few now,so hot here.
    ·
    Thanks, Faith. It's been a busy summer so far..... :ohmy:
    ·
    Thanks, Jason. It was as good as it looked !
    ·
    Full garden with 8 Earthboxes this year and automatic watering system. The 4 tomato plants slowly wilted and died, despite visits to the coop and tLking with a horticulturist, insecticidal soap, BT, and malathion. Don't have a clue what happened.
    The whole box of peppers shriveled up and died - even the replacement plants x 2.
    Did get some squash, but not much.
    Cucumbers did the same as the peppers, after I got 2 dukes.
    New tomatoes (old squash box) are shaded and starting to look sick.

Not to happy with things this year .... :angry:
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Holy crap, Clark. :ermm: How'd that taste?

Looks like a winner, winner... ;)
    ·
    It was really good, Adam. A little drier than I would ideally like on the outside parts of the chicken, so I might consider brining next time, since the wifey 'throws a fit' if I cover with bacon :ohmy:

Changes (improvements) - more spinach as it really shrank when cooked (duh), and maybe a few more mushrooms. Oh yeah, and remember to add the toasted pine nuts BEFORE sealing it up with toothpicks :angry: . Not easy stuffing pine nuts down in btwn the toothpicks into the stuffing. :blush:

It was truly a "do again" cook! :woohoo:
    ·
  • approximately how much time will this take to get to 165 internal (ballpark figure would be fine so i know when to start checking)?

thanx

Greygoose
    ·
  • Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,225
    Looks really good.  I'm going to try that this weekend.  Did you pound the chicken breast first?  
    ·
  • @Mark. I didn't have to pund the breasts. It was a whole, boneless breast (huge), connected in the middle, so I just put the stuffing on there and folded it over. Held it together with toothpicks.

@Greygoose. I don't remember how long I cookedit, but at 300, I imagine it was between 45 min and 90 minutes. Just have to be sure the stuff in the middle is at the right temp.
    ·
  • That looks awesome, Clark.  I'm a BGE rookie and I live in Madison too.  We'll probably smell each other's smoke from time to time.  Are you Rusty's brother?
    ·
  • Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,225
    I made this last night.  Incredible!!!  I substituted the sun dried tomatoes with roasted red peppers.  It wasn't dry at all.
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    looks good
    context is important :)
    ·
  • Glad you liked it Mark!  Sounds like a great substitution.  :-)
    ·