Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need to finish butt 10 hours in advance of eating...

priceatl
priceatl Posts: 1
edited September 2011 in Forum List
Should I simply wrap the cooked butt, put in the cooler and pull right before eating or pull it when I take it off the Egg? What would-be best? It would work best for my timing if I could pull right when I take it off in the morning and eat in the evening. Make sense?

Comments

• Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    edited September 2011
    Put it in the cooler and pull right before eating. This let's the juices redistribute throughout the meat and it allows it to cool some, so you don't burn the $#!t our of your hands.

I have never tried the pork steaks that Tweeve mentions, but it sounds like it could be interesting. You could always slice half and pull half to see what you like better.

But, you can't keep it in the cooler for 10 hours. You can't let the pork get out of the safety zone (under 140). You can put in a foil pan after pulling and add some cola or broth and reheat in the oven befor serving. You just want to make sure you don't get your guests sick.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • Cool it. Pull it. Fridge it. Crock Pot it with sauce to 140. Serve.
    I grill therefore I am.....not hungy.
  • Clamdigger
    Clamdigger Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    I think I would cool it, pull it, fridge it, crock pot it with coke then serve. I like to give my guests a choice of sauces and amounts- some like no sauce as it interferes with the meat and smoke flavors.