Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help, I broke the ceramic lid on my father's Big Green Egg

mollyga5mollyga5 Posts: 3
edited September 2011 in Root
I lifted the top to check on the meat and the ceramic lid came loose, fell to the ground and broke into 4 pieces.  It appears to be beyond repair.  Can I buy a replacement lid?
·

Comments

• crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006

you can, but it is your dad's fault.....you need to tighten the bolts on the band every so often....split it with him....

·
    I'm thinking Molly is a daughter.....so she probably doesn't have to pay for it anyway......
    ·
  • Besides, that could be Mo Llyga posting. :)

Seriously, mollyga5, yes you can buy a replacement.  I'd call the BGE headquarters because sometimes they will give a better price on these types of accidents than simply ordering a new top.  Good luck!
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
    Wasn't being sexist...as a father of both a son and a daughter, I can say the puppy dog eyes from the daughter always work better........
    ·
  • Thank you, Naked Whiz.  I contacted BGE headquarters and was given a good price on a replacement dome. 

Why Tweev_tip called me an "...ungrateful sorry excuse for a child." says more about Tweev_tip than it does about me.  Thanks again.

·
  • Molly, I'd suggest you not try to understand Tweev.  I have a lot more experience at it than you, and I still haven't quite figured him out.  :)
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • Ditto.

·
  • I am a bit of an Enigma aren't I?? ;)

O:-) your an angle  b-(
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
    ·