Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Molly Shark is Unfair!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Now that you and Mad Max have us all (especially those without an extra $25 for a cake) sitting here with our tongues hanging out, you are going to deny the rest of us the recipe???

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    KK,
    don't worry, she hasn't emailed it to me yet. . .i'm sure she'll post it here for all to see. . .and like i said, i only buy the WS mix when its 12 bucks a kit (still outragious i know)...

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]ok ok ok. I'll rearrange my exhaustive list of things to do today and fish up that recipe and post it RIGHT HERE.[p]Stay tuned.[p]mShark

• Unknown
    Options
    MollyShark,
    For some reason half my posts are being censored. I want you to know that I was being tongue in cheek; you are one of my favorites on this list. And please don't feel pressured, I am certainly willing to wait until tomorrow for the recipe (smiley thingee).

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    KK,[p]Me? Feel pressured? Not to worry. Unless you're one of those people sending me large checks so I can afford to buy nice cars, I stay pretty calm![p]Haven't found it yet, but to hold you over in the chocolate world, try this one. I've done this one several times given the chocolate fingerprints on this page. It is apparently a successful thing.[p]FILLING:
    1-1/2 lb semisweet chocolate
    1/2 c strong coffee
    3 eggs, separated
    1/2 c Tia Maria
    2T sugar
    1/2 c heavy cream[p]Melt chocolate with coffee in top of a double boiler. When chocolate completely melts, remove pan from heat. Beat egg yolks until pale yellow and stir into chocolate. Gradually stir in Tia Maria. Cool mixture.[p]In a separate bowl, beat egg whites, gradually adding sugar until whites are stiff. Whip cream. Gently fold whipped cream into cooled chocolate mixture and then fold in egg whites.[p]CAKE[p]1 pkg (23-oz) brownie mix
    2T water
    3 eggs[p]Preheat oven to 350. Beat ingredients together at medium speed until batter is smooth. Greae 11x15 jellyroll pan. Line with waxed paper. Grease and lightly flour paper, shaking off excess flour. Spread batter evenly in jellyroll pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cake tests done. Turn cake onto a rack and peel off paper.[p]Lightly oil a 2-qt charlotte mold and line with cooled cale. Cut rounds of cake to fit both top and bottom of mold and a strip for sides. Place smaller round in bottom of mold. Wrap strip around inside of mold (you'll probably have to piece one section to cover it all, but it gets hidden by glaze). Spoon chilled filling mixture into mold. Fit larger round of cake on top of mold. Chill for 3-4 hrs or until firm. Unmold and cover with glaze.[p]GLAZE[p]1/2 lb semisweet chocolate
    1/3 c water
    Melt chocolate in water and stir until smooth. Spread over top of mousse-cake and drizzle down sides. Chill again.[p]Serve SMALL slices because this is very rich. Should do about 10 servings or more.[p]NOW to find that damn molten lava or whatever I called it.[p]mShark