Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

First Pizza...

Rock Chalk SmokerRock Chalk Smoker Posts: 25
edited September 2011 in EggHead Forum
Well first off I don't have any pictures, and I am glad because it didn't turn out well. I mean I did everything right with the Egg as far as prep and temp, but does any one have tips on how to roll the dough out and get it on to the grill without messing it up. My first attempt I had to make it into some sort of calzone, which I did cook well. I did about 10 on each side and it was cooked through, and had a great crust. 

My second pizza wasn't much better...I did make the dough thicker than the first time and if I had to guess it was a 12 inch pizza and the dough was 1/4 inch thick. This one I thought had potential, but I had a hard time getting it from the pizza spoon/spatula to the Egg. 

With all of that said, below are my list of questions I have:
  • Does anyone have tips on how to handle the dough between prep and the Egg?
  • Does anyone have tip on selecting a good store bought dough?
  • Or does any one have a good recipe for pizza dough?
I thought about asking a few local pizza places if I could job shadow and learn how to handle dough, but I am in my second year of my MBA, have a 10 month old son, wife, and a job that takes up a lot of time. I like to use my spare time on the Egg and want to be able to make some good pizza. I think my BBQ is pretty good at this point and I want to get my pizza pretty good as well.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Patrick

Comments