Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm Hooked On The Egg

Options
Lynchburger
Lynchburger Posts: 2
edited September 2011 in Forum List
I bought my BGE a week ago today (Labor Day), and I've cooked 6 of 8 nights on it. I've cooked ribs, hamburgers, fish, pork shoulder, pizza, chicken, and baked beans during that time using many of the recipes and posts from the forum. Everything has turned out great. Thanks to everyone for sharing your recipes and advice, I'm sure it will shorten my learning curve.

Comments

• Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    Options
    Welcome to the forum!

There are much worse things to get hooked on. But it can be an ex$pensive habbit between the eggsesories and all the meat and lump you will buy. And it's completely worth every penny. 

Lynchburger, are you in VA, TN or someplace else?

"Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • Lynchburger
    Options
    Thanks Spoon, I agree? I've picked up a few accessories and already have my wish list for Christmas. My kids say I'm hard to buy for so they're excited too.

I'm in TN

• Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    Options
    Must be nice to have easy access to The Jack.

I've been to Lynchberg to visit visit your local distillery there (great tour), but I went to college in Lynchberg, Va for a bit. That's why I was asking.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon