Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need help to identify ceramic grill

Options
Duff
Duff Posts: 5
edited September 2011 in EggHead Forum
I was given a kamado type grill. It is old, but in pretty good shape. However, it does need some parts. Part of the trademark label is missing. Can anyone tell me what brand this is? Any idea what the thing is worth? I'd appreciate any help you guys can provide.

Comments

• ribmaster
    Options
    i can't tell what parts are needed but if it was new that is a 400 buck grill.
    I grill therefore I am.....not hungy.
  • Duff
    Duff Posts: 5
    Options
    If you double click on the center photo you see that the make starts with the letters KINU . . .
  • howmeisterg
    Options
    Wow this is the Kamado that I grew up with as a boy (I am 40 now) - my dad used to cook (grill) in it all the time. He bought it from "Pacinko Palace" on Long Island somewhere. Brings back memories!
  • craneball69
    Options
    that's kinda funny, i have the same kind of sticker on mine that i just got from my uncle. he said my grandfather bought it like forty years ago. But it has a BGE dual purpose top and a nest to hold it up. I'm wondering if it even is an Egg at all! my fire box looks about in the same condition as yours and mine also has a clay/ceramic fire grate too. I'm curious if a replacement fire box from BGE would even fit as well as a new air inlet screen.
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Get out your measuring tape and check it out ...
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.