Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Mother's Day

Options
Wise One
Wise One Posts: 2,645
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
On a day set aside to honor our mothers (and the mothers of our children), it's really hard to decide how to honor them food wise today. It used to be that I would take my wife out to brunch but now she prefers me to just cook something (pizza more often than not) on the BGE for dinner. What are the favorite things you're doing for the mothers in your life today?

Comments

• Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Options
    Wise One, had a nice breakfast of grilled Blueberry/Cinnamon pork sausages and French Toast (from baguettes) with authentic Vermont Maple Syrup. MMmmmm.....[p]A light mid-day lunch will be munching on Rib Tips smoked on the ceramic. [p]Dinner will be half a rib roast....well, not quite, but it is a 2" thick USDA Prime Boneless Ribeye , grilled on the Mini. It will be served with grilled 'shrooms, steamed broccoli and baked taters. It don't get no better than this.

[ul][li]Meat questions[/ul]
  • MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    Wise One,[p]We're gonna keep it simple today. Vidalia onion pie, bacon wrapped watermelon rinds, (per my buddy Larry) abt's, baked beans and burgers.
    80 degrees here in Chicago today.[p]Have a great day.[p]Mick

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    Wise One,
    I'll be cooking and fussing all day long because some people don't have eggs to cook on.
    Reservations list is at capacity, 513 ppl for lunch.....yikes, i betta go back to work.

• T-47
    T-47 Posts: 84
    Options
    MickeyT, Bacon wrapped watermelon rind? You have peaked my interest...please tell me more? What is the flavor like? I gotta know more!!
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Wise One, dinning out for some Chinese food, no sense making mom cook and do the dishes and clean the house, heck she's 80 and kick'n hard, dad too.

• Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    Options
    Wise One,
    I'm celebrating with my bride and mother of my children by baking for her today (on the egg of course)[p]I am making a baked broccoli meat casserole.[p]Brown 1# of ground meat (can substitute turkey)
    add 1 packet of dry onion soup mix and 4 oz cream cheese
    also add 1 cup of lightly steamed broccoli flowerets
    Roll out 1.5# of bread dough (can make your own or buy ready made dough) into a 12X18 rectangle. Spread the mixture over the dough and top with a light sprinkling of mozzarella cheese. Roll into a log and then place into a buttered bundt pan, with the seam up & showing after placed in pan.[p]Bake on egg with every bit of ceramic you can get in there, stabilized at 350. Bake for 35 minutes, let cool for 3-5 minutes and turn over onto a cooling rack for another 5 minutes.[p]Slice & serve with a glass of milk, or your other favorite beverage. For dessert, we are having homemade peanut butter pie![p]Banker John

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    T-47,[p]The flavor is sweet. Sort of candy like. They don't last long. What I did the first time I made them was bring them to work and let people guess what they were eating. Loads of fun.[p]Thanks to YB for that recipe.[p]Mick

• guavawood
    guavawood Posts: 213
    Options
    2004-10-03bb.jpg
    <p />Wise One,[p]Picnic at the beach with mom, dad, sis, brother, daughter, son, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, wife, nieces and friends.[p]I just have to bring wife and beverages![p]My lovely niece is taking care of all the food and everything else.[p]I hope everyone takes care of the special moms today![p]Aloha,[p]Greg Kemp
  • UnConundrum
    UnConundrum Posts: 536
    Options
    Wise One,[p]Being fortunate to still have my mother, it's usually the day I pull out all the stops :) Unfortunately, my wife's mother passed away a few years ago, so her Aunt always joins us.[p]This year, we started out with Oysters Rockefeller ( I forgot to take a picture), followed by a beef soup (homemade stock, the works), Pineapple Sorbet, homemade rolls, and Stuffed Lobster....[p]

MD_2005_2.jpg
    [p]
    For desert, my wife made this really great "three milk" cake, a white cake with a sauce, and strawberries, blueberries, rasberries. We're stuffed :) [p]Didn't include Mr. Egg in the cooking, but it was a great meal :)
    Love to all the mothers out there ;)
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    Rumrunner,
    are you buying the sausages or making them yourself. still have a few frozen quarts of berries to get rid of.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it