Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Remote Smoker Thermometer

Options
BarbeeQ
BarbeeQ Posts: 4
edited September 2011 in Forum List
I just got a remote smoker thermometer and tonight doing a Boston Butt I can't  get the temp on the remote receiver. What am I doing wrong. Can anyone help me on how to use this. Thanks

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Pretty sure this is the same as the Maverick ET-73.  I can never remember which has to be on first...but one has to be on within a couple of seconds of the other.  Just try to turn them on at the same time.  If they don't sync up, then turn one off and back on.  If they still don't sync, turn the other one off and on.  If they STILL don't sync...well...they be broken. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• BarbeeQ
    Options
    Smokey you rule, I just went out and shut off both units and then turned them on together. They both synced together and work great. Thank you very much you put a big smile on my face.....
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    :-bd
    Glad to hear it!  BTW- I checked the manual and the receiver has to be on first.  So, I think if you switch on the receiver then the transmitter you will be in good shape ;).

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.