Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the best glue for a nomex gasket

Options
theyaretheeggmen
theyaretheeggmen Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is my first post here so hello all you eggmen and eggwomen from Halifax Nova Scotia. I just got my large BGE about 3 weeks ago and just love the results of everything I have cooked so far including planked salmon, drunken chicken, ground chicken burgers, 12hr. pulled pork and the best pizza I have ever eaten. My last cooking project was the pizza which I cooked using the plate setter and a pizza stone at 600 deg.F. Just as I was taking the pizza of the egg I noticed that my gasket was badly charred and falling off of the top lid on the back quarter of the egg. After doing some research here and other sites I decided to get a nomex gasket from the Smokin guitar player rather than replace the felt with more felt. On his site he recommends using 3M super 77 glue but I was thinking the 3M super 90 might hold better because I don't want to stop cooking pizzas because the are just too good. Any advice that you more experienced eggheads could offer would be greatly appriciated. Terry

Comments