Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Would you buy a new Mini from someone on Craigslist for $275?

Options
windnsea26
windnsea26 Posts: 159
edited September 2011 in EggHead Forum
Someone is selling it locally but with the warranty issues and all, I'm not sure if it's worth getting it or not.  It's brand new, never been used.  I don't really need it but a second one would be nice for outdoor stuff.
San Diego, CA

Comments

• PhotoPro
    Options
    The over-rated warranty has put two new $110 fireboxes in my large at no cost to me, and replaced my spring bands, all with nothing more than a phone call.  You have to decide the warranty's value yourself.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Tweev - You obviously have never replaced a band. The mini band is $65, small is $80ish, and large is $99. There is no way the new style mini is $210 as a demo. It was like $350 at the retail store in Tucker.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Wind - I personally would not lose a warranty to save $75. I got my mini used off CL for $100. I agree with Tweev that JB weld will fix the firebox or fire ring but if by some chance one of your eggs cracks you will be SOL. This is my medium and large, both replaced with an email. The warranty on the egg is amazing.