Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Gandy DancerGandy Dancer Posts: 272
edited September 2011 in EggHead Forum
311-just oil said and pepper. Then last 15 min barbeque sauce.

• SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,102
    As I've only had my Egg for a day, I'm curious as to what everyone is using for a drip/water pan?
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Squeezy... you don't need a water pan, just a drip pan. I've got a 9" round pie pan lined with foil. Sits on 3 spacers on top of plate setter (air flow keeps drippings from burning.)
    Kent Madison MS
  • BBQMaven is right, just pan with spacers
  • Nice looking ribs!  

You don't even need a drip pan.  I just cover the plate setter with HDAF when doing something like ribs (not needing the juices).  If I want to save the juices, then as described above.  Definitely do not need a water pan