Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Butt brine

FishmccFishmcc Posts: 8
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
I am cooking two butts tomorrow brining tonight. I plan to cook two more on Friday can I reuse the brine I made tonight? I am brining in the fridge. Thanks

Comments

• Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Why brine butts?   They are one of the most moist cooks you will make.  Many doubt a brine will soak into the thickness of a butt.

Many inject their butts just before putting on the rub and putting in the Egg.  I have done it both ways (with and without injection) and am hard-pressed to tell a whole lot of difference.

You now own and EGG - the best smoker/grill. One of it's best features is moisture retention.  

IMO - forget the brine. Buy a Cajun injector/sauce at your local grocery. Inject a couple of ounces per pound, give it a good rub, cook at 240-250* dome temp with platesetter and drip pan, and remove when the internal temp reaches 200-205 deg. Wrap in foil and keep warm, wrapped in towels in a cooler for at least an hour and up to 4 hr. It will take about 1 1/2 hour per pound to cook (bone-in).

Good luck and post pics when you finish!