Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spicy Beef Satay

Options
Brad Bracken - Austin Smoker
edited November -1 in Appetizers

Ingredients

Satays:

- 1 lb Flank Steak (butterflied thin and sliced across the grain into 3/4 inch wide strips)

- 1/4 cup Fresh Ginger - grated

- 2 stalks Green Onion - chopped

- 1 cup Hoisin Sauce

- 1 cup Orange Juice

- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce

- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil

- 1/8 cup Siracha Chile Sauce

- Toasted Sesame Seeds

- Wood skewers

Sauce:

- 1/4 cup Hoisin

- 1/4 cup Apple Juice

- 1/8 cup Siracha

- 1 Tbsp grated Fresh Ginger

Instructions

1) Combine all "Satay" ingredients above except Sesame Seeds into Gallon Zip Loc bag. Marinate beef for at least 2 hours, 4 is preferred.

2) Combine all "sauce" ingredients above into squeeze bottle and incorporate

3) Prepare egg at standard grid level, 400 dome

4) Remove beef stips and work onto skewers

5) Place halved stirip of aluminup foil parallel to grid lines, to one side of egg

6) Place skewers on egg, with meat perpendicular to grid lines, and naked wood portion of skewers resting on aluminum foil to prevent burning.

7) Cook for approx 2 minutes per side

8) Remove from egg, place on plate.

9) Use Squeeze bottle to apply sauce to satays. I drizzle across the skewers with lines about 1-2 inches apart perpendicular to each skewer..the idea is not to cover them, just add a little zip.

10) Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top of skewers and serve hot.

Notes

Number of Servings: variable

Time to Prepare: 30 minutes

Comments

• Len D
    Len D Posts: 3
    Options
    I have tried this receipt a couple of times on the mini and really enjoyed the blend of spices. My only comment is that the receipt for the Satay creates too much liquid. For the second cook I halved the receipt and it was just as delicious as the first time. Highly recommended.

Len D