Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dome Thermometer

Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,217
edited August 2011 in Forum List
My thermometer that came with the egg doesn't move.  It stays at 250.  Is there a place on line to purchase the same type?  Doesn't have to be BGE brand.  Thanks
·

Comments

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    bge just started installing a guage made by tru tell. i have a tru tell on one of my eggs and it is the thermometer i never have to calibrate and i always trust it. you dealer may replace yours if it has never worked if not spend $20 or so on a new tru tell

happy eggin
    tb
    Anderson S.C.

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • 4Runner4Runner Posts: 1,586
    TT for me too.  I got the one goes from 200 - 1000
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
    ·
  • Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,217
    No one in my area carries the Green Egg thermometer.  Anyone have any ideas what I can do?
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    call the mothership in atlanta

http://www.biggreenegg.com/contact.html

they will ship you one

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • american backyard at Mall of georgia Has the new tru tell and it rocks I just replaced mine 2 weeks ago. I did have to calibrate it which is no problem

·
    I'm so mad.  I contacted BGE and had them ship me one direct to me.  I specifically asked for the new one with the tru tell logo on it and he said he would.  I received my new one Friday and it's the old one and it's fogging up already almost 30.00
    ·
    They just contacted me and apologized for the mix up.  They are sending the correct one.  That's why I deal with BGE.  They are a great company to deal with. 
    ·
  • SpoonSpoon Posts: 328
    Brought the Tru Tell at my local Ace a couple of weeks ago. They said it was weather sealed, but mines already fogged up. I will have to see if they will exchange it.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
    ·