Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One More Pork Question

Options
Retired RailRoader
Retired RailRoader Posts: 975
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My intention is to take the pork out of the egg and into a warmed cooler about 3 - 4 hours prior to dinner tonight. I have seen posts to take the pork out at 195 and I have read the pork should be taken out at 175. What temp should I put the pork into the cooler for a pull later. Currently the 8.5 lb. pork is reading 165 internal after 13 hr.s of wind and rain outside. Grate temp is 230 and dome 280.[p]Thanks
Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments

• Mark G
    Mark G Posts: 39
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,[p]I go to 195°F and then wrap in foil and throw into a cooler. No need for it to be heated. That pork will get just cool enough so that you can stand pulling it.[p]Mark G
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Mark G,
    Thanks

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Mark G, I do that same thing but I let mine get up to 205 9when I can - I have pulled it at 195 an dthere was nothing wrong with it). One thing for sure, wrapped in foil, then in towels and placed in a cooler, it will still be plenty warm in 3-4 hours.

• jaymer
    jaymer Posts: 49
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,
    i can't imagine a post for PULLED pork saying to remove it at 175... thats ok for chopped pork, but it won't pull 100% at 175 (some parts of it will, like the dark meat end opposite the bone end).
    so, for the record, 195 is what you want. wait 30 minutes (resting time) before you pull it or up to many hours if you've put it in a warmer.[p]jaymer...