Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question on timing 28lb cook????

Options
SnowEgg
SnowEgg Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Happy Friday, Eggsperts!
I have a big cook coming up where I am going to try a 14lb brisket and 2, 7lb butts at the same time in my large. Can anyone tell me how long to allow for all this to cook? I've done each seperate, but never combined.[p]I would most appreciate it![p]BTW, I have two filets TRexing right now![p]Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comments

• Greendriver
    Greendriver Posts: 128
    Options
    SnowEgg, my experience has been to allow the same time if it was just one of them. The reason is you go by your probe in the meat and not time per pound. If your wanting to check it closer just start checking the others when the one with the probe inserted in it says it's at your target internal temp.

• jaymer
    jaymer Posts: 49
    Options
    SnowEgg,
    right, you're not going to significantly lengthen your cook, only use a bit more fuel to cook the increased load. With such a long cook, I'd be using my BBQ Guru to maintain the temp exactly where i wanted it - and if it needs to force draft for a longer period of time, it will handle it. Hopefully someone else will help with some damper info before you get started.
    the 14lb brisket could be 20 hours... and i think that would be too long for a 7lb Butt.
    jaymer...

• SnowEgg
    Options
    Greendriver, Thank you!

• SnowEgg
    Options
    jaymer, Sooooo how much are one of these Guru's???