Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First post baby backs

docscrolldocscroll Posts: 3
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
I have typed this six times keeps disapearing hope not repeating post.  Been reading forum for a while and thought I would try a post. Baby backs cooked for niece who has been under the weather.  Rubbed with dizzy dust, spritzed with mixture of apple juice and apple cider vinegar,and finished with orange glaze. 
·

Comments

• Nice job Doc.  How long did they go and at what temp?
    ·
  • What time is dinner? Looks good. Thanks for sharing.
    Love me some maple.  Go Canadians.
    ·
  • Took longer than I thought they would almost six hours,dome temp 275. Had them over plate setter and foil wrapped drip pan.  I did open the lid a lot to spritz and also cooked some boneless chicken breast and asparagus for supper on the side since I was giving the ribs away.  Was reading forum after supper and thought why not take a picture of the ribs and participate instead of just reading all of the time.
    ·
  • Got it.  Certainly the chicken/asparagus added some time to the cook.  Nice multi-tasking though.   Just a thought.....try some bbq sauce/honey mix for the final glaze next time.  I picked this up a while back and I do it almost every time now.  Good stuff.
    ·
  • Used my late dads glaze        1 cup ketchup
    1/2 5oz bottle A1
    1/2 small can frozen oj conc.
    mix and heat.
    Will try honey and barBecue sauce though
    ·
  • ribmasterribmaster Posts: 209

Jalapeno glaze

4 oz tequlia

4 oz hot jalapeno jelly (reese brand)

4 oz sugar

8 oz water

wisk and simmer.

I grill therefore I am.....not hungy.
    ·
  • SpoonSpoon Posts: 328
    They look great Doc. I good soul to make them for your niece. We always appreciate pictures, thanks for taking the plunge and sharing.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
    ·
  • Nice job.
    ·