Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First post baby backs

docscrolldocscroll Posts: 3
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
I have typed this six times keeps disapearing hope not repeating post.  Been reading forum for a while and thought I would try a post. Baby backs cooked for niece who has been under the weather.  Rubbed with dizzy dust, spritzed with mixture of apple juice and apple cider vinegar,and finished with orange glaze. 
·

Comments

• Nice job Doc.  How long did they go and at what temp?
    ·
  • What time is dinner? Looks good. Thanks for sharing.
    Love me some maple.  Go Canadians.
    ·
  • Took longer than I thought they would almost six hours,dome temp 275. Had them over plate setter and foil wrapped drip pan.  I did open the lid a lot to spritz and also cooked some boneless chicken breast and asparagus for supper on the side since I was giving the ribs away.  Was reading forum after supper and thought why not take a picture of the ribs and participate instead of just reading all of the time.
    ·
  • Got it.  Certainly the chicken/asparagus added some time to the cook.  Nice multi-tasking though.   Just a thought.....try some bbq sauce/honey mix for the final glaze next time.  I picked this up a while back and I do it almost every time now.  Good stuff.
    ·
  • Used my late dads glaze        1 cup ketchup
    1/2 5oz bottle A1
    1/2 small can frozen oj conc.
    mix and heat.
    Will try honey and barBecue sauce though
    ·
  • ribmasterribmaster Posts: 209

Jalapeno glaze

4 oz tequlia

4 oz hot jalapeno jelly (reese brand)

4 oz sugar

8 oz water

wisk and simmer.

I grill therefore I am.....not hungy.
    ·
  • SpoonSpoon Posts: 328
    They look great Doc. I good soul to make them for your niece. We always appreciate pictures, thanks for taking the plunge and sharing.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
    ·
  • Nice job.
    ·