Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chicken thaï style

gamera06gamera06 Posts: 80
edited August 2011 in Poultry
One succulent receipe for chicken lovers, and travelers that visited Vietnam or Thailand:
  • Any part of chicken or whole bird,
  • 3 tsp of Fish Sauce (Nuoc Mam or Nam Pla)
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 3-4 red/green chilis (asian ones, if you don't like too hot, you can remove the seeds, and keep only the red/green meat).
  • 3 tsp scallions
  • 2 sticks of chopped Lemon Grass
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 lime juice
mix all ingredient, and let the chicken marinate at least 1 hour

Set up the Egg indirect, 400°F, dripping pan & grille. Start to cook and turn pieces every 10mn, rubbing them into the brine every time you open the Egg, or use a brush. Cook until internal temp reach your taste.

I made some chicken breast yesterday, and also thighs: cooked them separate with different timings...

BGE XL, Large & Mini, Black Wifi Stoker Cannes, France
·

Comments

• Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Looks good. I saved the recipe for a future cook. Thanks
    ·
  • gamera06gamera06 Posts: 80
    edited August 2011
    I forgot : 2 sticks of lemon grass chopped very thin.
    (I edited first post)
    BGE XL, Large & Mini, Black Wifi Stoker Cannes, France
    ·