Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

greeneggers.com

sloawroast1
sloawroast1 Posts: 1
edited August 2011 in Forum Feedback
For nearly 4 years I have owned my large BGE and besides the egg itself, the old forum was probably the most reliable and the tool that I used the most in regard to my BGE experience.  I spent countless hours searching and reading about equipment, cooking methods and techniques, recipes and rubs. Almost all of my recipes came from the BGE forum as well as many many helpful and insightful methods and ideas from everything to lump selection to table ideas to elder wards delicious pulled pork.  Unfortunately, I do not care much for this new forum.  The old forum was very easy to use once you figured out to use flat view and how to phrase searches to yield very specific and direct results.  I love change when it is for the better and this, in my humble opinion, is not better and is not as easy to use or look at.  I never created an account on the old forum and created one recently here so I could express my opinion.  I for one will no longer use this forum as my main resource to BGE cooking.  I will be replacing this link in my bookmarks to that of greeneggers.com.  which is the original format of the BGE forum.  So long

Comments

• why do you feel the need to make a long & rambling post about this, telling everyone that you are going to the other forum? If that was REALLY your intent, you would have (SHOULD have) just LEFT.

However, something tells me you wanted to make a VERY public (yet pathetic) attempt at siphoning members from this site to the other site.

This thread, and any & all responses to it, should be deleted by the site admins, in my opinion.

Some of you are beginning to seem pathetic & petty... GET OVER IT... if you don't like one forum or the other, then NOBODY is holding a gun to your head forcing you to stay at one, or the other, or both, or neither.
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Clam
    Clam Posts: 117
    Ego/Narcissism seems to be the major driver of many participants.
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    Salty Hogs BBQ Posts: 171
    edited August 2011
    I visit the other site and it doesn't happen there( meaning members here going there to start trouble), but loyalists from there come here to start trouble almost everyday now.

This site has stayed on the high ground, while members from there have come here to stir the pot and deliberately cause trouble. Then they run back there and say how they are over it and don't care what happens here. Hypocrites.

The admins here need to ban these people. Start making examples of people.

If you don't like it here, then stay over there. No one cares.
  • By the way, the OP is most likely an old guard member from the other site trying to hide under a different username. The words they use suggests it.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    "I for one will no longer use this forum as my main resource to BGE cooking.  I will be replacing this link in my bookmarks to that of greeneggers.com.  which is the original format of the BGE forum.  So long"

I'm so happy !!!!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    I'm just glad someone in the world has the frickin time to carry on and fuss about a d*** forum! I guess some have it so easy that there is plenty of time left in the day to nag about something like a frickin internet message board. I really could care less if there is this one and fourteen others just like it. One day ( when I get done feeding, bathing, and whipping kids) I will get around to looking at them all and use the one I want. I'm using both forums and have no problem with either one. I guess I'm odd.
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    edited August 2011
    Rolling Egg - you can't be too old if you're still feeding, bathing and whipping kids !    :D
  • "One day ( when I get done feeding, bathing, and whipping kids) I will get around to looking at them all and use the one I want"

Did you mean the forum you want or the kid you want? :))
    The Naked Whiz
  • Kailas
    Kailas Posts: 146
    why do you feel the need to make a long & rambling post about this, telling everyone that you are going to the other forum? If that was REALLY your intent, you would have (SHOULD have) just LEFT.

However, something tells me you wanted to make a VERY public (yet pathetic) attempt at siphoning members from this site to the other site.

This thread, and any & all responses to it, should be deleted by the site admins, in my opinion.

Some of you are beginning to seem pathetic & petty... GET OVER IT... if you don't like one forum or the other, then NOBODY is holding a gun to your head forcing you to stay at one, or the other, or both, or neither.
    Perhaps what this really was, was a plea to BGE that they fix this forum to at least provide the features of the old one.  The look is fine, but the features aren't as easy to work with.
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    edited August 2011

I see two possibilities...

1. We have a poster that never created an account nor contributed to the old forum that they love so dearly, yet they wish to create an account here to tell us this forum is bad.

2.  It is a blatant attempt, by someone with an axe to grind, to promote another site. 

In regards to the previous forum... A place that touts its "sense of family" as one of the main reasons to use it and the ease of use and intuitiveness of the software as the secondary reason, yet they never managed to get him to make an account and join in. I think that might speak volumes... if it were true.

Yet again... I find that I agree with Hogs, salty as he may be, and I certainly agree with Village Idiot.

I would like to offer the immortal words of Paul McCartney to those that find a need to do things like this in the future. 

Let it be.

Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948

I'm in IT and certainly understand the resistance to new applications and the bugs that come with a new application. Just need patience.  I'm sticking with the official BGE site here.  I kind of like the new forum.

Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
    edited August 2011
    Perhaps what this really was, was a plea to BGE that they fix this forum to at least provide the features of the old one.  The look is fine, but the features aren't as easy to work with.

@Kailas - If that was the case, a "plea" as you surmise - then it could have been done via a PRIVATE email to the admins. If he felt the need to do it publicly, then he could have also came up w/ a title like "please add in XXX feature" rather than a BLATANT attempt at promoting the other site by putting the URL for the other site in the title...

If it walks like a duck...
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Kailas
    Kailas Posts: 146

@Kailas - If that was the case, a "plea" as you surmise - then it could have been done via a PRIVATE email to the admins. If he felt the need to do it publicly, then he could have also came up w/ a title like "please add in XXX feature" rather than a BLATANT attempt at promoting the other site by putting the URL for the other site in the title...

If it walks like a duck...
    I never said that he was doing it the right way, did I?  It's like a suicide attempt.  Usually, it's just a plea for help.
  • Village Idiot
    Glad you're here, Tweev.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• 4Runner
    I'm not following the Tweev/forum/greeneggers stuff.   Little help?
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
  • Village Idiot
    Tweev was, uh, somewhat controversial on the other forum.  Although he brought some of it upon himself, he was treated very nasty by the bulk of the clique and most of it was uncalled for.  I had a couple of scrapes with him, but overall, I think he's a good guy and wants to help.  Right Tweev? 

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• 4Runner
    Well, I missed all that.....I do have at least 180 posts on the old forum and tried to check it weekly.  Not sure how I missed it.  Oh well, sounds like "water under the bridge" at this point.  Thx.
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    "One day ( when I get done feeding, bathing, and whipping kids) I will get around to looking at them all and use the one I want"

Did you mean the forum you want or the kid you want? :))
    :D
  • Amy S.
    Amy S. Posts: 70
    I like it here. The forum is very easy to use. I know the feeling that some have about change. But, this is good.
  • 4Runner
    Agreed.  I like the direction.  Still need some enhancements but hopefully that will come soon.
  • I love this new forum, would never register for the old one because it was so outdated, slow and a pain to use. I have enjoyed navigating this new site and have had no trouble finding info that I need.
    Thanks to the people at BGE for taking this on....it was VERY much needed
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    they did right by updating the message on the home page to indicate that it's a work in progress. a small detail, but sets the expectation.

looks like they are adding in new features. I guess in the end they don't owe us anything... 

it would be nice to a road map of what features they are going to add though to give us something to look forward to.
    context is important :)