Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No Eggfests on the West Coast? Oregon/Washington/Idaho???

Options
Tidecreek
Tidecreek Posts: 11
edited August 2011 in Forum List

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering why theres no Egg Fests in my neck of the woods they all seem to be back east, too far to travel but I'd love to attend one?

Comments

• cookingdude555
    Options
    I hear you, none here in Utah.  I have seen them in Colorado, and Montana.  Gas and travel would still make the demo egg more than a dealer egg for me.
  • TRPIV
    TRPIV Posts: 278
    Options
    Eggs By The Bay holds a premiere EggFest in California, every year.  I think it was on Fathers Day weekend.

Ted

• morrobayrich
    Options
    Eggs by the Bay is held in Santa Clara (about 40 miles south of San Francisco) on the third or fourth Saturday in June.  It has been held for the last 6 years and is hosted by Smitty of Eggs by the Bay.  They have a website if you are interested.
    Morro Bay, CA
  • bcdon
    bcdon Posts: 17
    Options
    http://www.pnweggfest.com/index.html

Missed it myself, this year.
    I went this year, in fact, that's how I got my egg! Well worth the drive down from Canada. 
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering why theres no Egg Fests in my neck of the woods they all seem to be back east, too far to travel but I'd love to attend one?

In addition to the FABULOUS Eggs by the Bay Eggfest previously mentioned, I believe there's also an "EggtoberWest" held in Oct in Sacramento. I also vaguely remember another 1 held in San Diego (can't remember the name or the date).

As far as specifically in Oregon, WA, or Idaho - if you can't find any, see if you can talk a dealer into hosting one - perhaps you can get some fellow Eggers to help out. After all, I think that's how the original first one started...
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Tidecreek
    Options
    Hi,
    Oh what a bummer that I missed the Washington one, hopefully next I tried to sign up for the reminder but it did not seem to be working. I'll save the webpage and hopefully can go next year. Thanks everyone:)