Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally a day off - T-Bone and PigWing Muffins !

Options
Don Marco
Don Marco Posts: 287
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Howdy...

Finally had a day off after weeks of being very busy with my day job and BBQ. Time for some comfort food !

Had a nice 20 ounce T-Bone from Argentina in the fridge. Some Olive Oil and kosher salt was all that it needed.

Some fried mushrooms and onions and grilled Naan Bread for sides.

Cooked the Steak on a raised grate on the large egg with some rosemary twigs and olive wood for smoke.

Cooked the Steak on a raised grate ( 2 fire rings)  on the large egg with some rosemary twigs and olive wood for smoke.

It was raining cats and dogs so i was happy that i finished my Egg-Center with the roof this spring.

Also just got my Cowboy Cooler finished !

Oh, this way about the food ? Here we go !

This Steak was out of this world delicious. image

I thought chicken thighs would make for a good evening Snack. So i rubbed them with my PigWings rub and cooked them in a muffin pan with some Cherry and Jack Daniels woodchips. Took em out at 160, let rest and then crisped up the skin and glazed with Jack Daniels and Maple Syrup. Those thighs were just perfect, nice "bite through" skin and very juicy.

So long,

DM
www.don-marcos-bbq.de

Comments

• FrankC
    FrankC Posts: 416
    Options
    Looks great DM!  Care to share the recipe for your naan bread?

fc
  • bcdon
    bcdon Posts: 17
    Options
    That looks great! I really love your cooler! How'd you make the naan bread?
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    wow that looks great!!

so you only missing the mini in the line up in the egg center!!

really like the cooler also!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Looks delicious as always DM... 

the cooler was... well... cool!  
    :)
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    Options
    The cook looks great and the set up is awesome as well. Looks like a day off well spent.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • Eggspert
    Eggspert Posts: 142
    Options
    Great pics and nice enviroment.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Don Marco, your pictures are always awesome. Really like the cooler.

Bente - I think he does have a mini, it just isn't pictured here.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Don Marco
    Don Marco Posts: 287
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys  :D

The egg center is not finished yet, i plan to build a huge u-shaped table with the eggs mounted inside, lots of workspace, sink and a bar. Time and $$$ slow me down a tad though...  :?

Regarding the Naan recipe, me and my team wrote a cookbook that has been released this spring.

Heres our Naan recipe, i just translated it. any questions, let me know.

[quote][i]
    8 Portions :

800 Gramms of all purpose flour
    1 package active dry yeast
    3 tbs sugar
    2 cups yoghurt
    2 tsp kosher salt
    1 egg

2 cups melted butter

mix 3 tbs flour and 3/4 cup of warm water and the yeast in a large bowl. add 1 tsp of the sugar. let rest for 10 minutes to start the yeast. there should be some foam that shows it is active.

mix the joghurt with the remaining sugar and salt in another bowl. mix in the egg, add everything to the yeast mixture and mix ( i use a kitchen aid mixer) it while adding the rest of the flour. mix for at least 10 minutes to have a nice doughball.  put the dough into a bowl and baste with just a little bit of melted butter. Let the dough rise, preferably over night.

preheat your grill for direct and indirect cooking at 350-450 F. Divide the dough into 16 portions and let them rest covered for another 10 minutes.

Then punch the doughballs flat and tear them apart until they are flat and thin. tearing gives a way better structure than rolling out. The outside can be a little thicker, its actually quite similiar to making small pizzas.  

Baste the dough with the butter on both sides and grill over direct heat until crispy and done. you can finish them indirect if you like to.

I like to add a little sea salt while grilling them. [/i]
    [/quote]

I hope you like the recipe. it sounds like more work than it actually is, actually its very easy, can be prepared a day ahead, is very tasty and quite a show for your guests. ;-)

heres some more pics of our book in case youre interested :

So long,

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    I have not had lunch yet and licking the screen just messed up the screen.  Everything really, really  looks good.  Were the chicken thighs de-boned, and why place them in a muffin pan?  Also, is your cookbook available through Amazon? Would love getting my hands on that book.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • boston_stoker
    boston_stoker Posts: 794
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Congrats on the book Don Marco. I hope all is well. You coming to Lynchburg this year?
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • KMO_Q
    KMO_Q Posts: 150
    Options
    Chicken thighs in a muffin pan...I'll definitely have to try that...thank you DM