Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

"Burnt Ends"

climbing eggclimbing egg Posts: 74
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
I just took a brisket off.  I have never made burnt ends before and wanted to try it.  Can I freeze the burnt ends after they are finished?  I thought it would be nice to have them around for baked beans and chili this winter.

Comments

• SpoonSpoon Posts: 328
    I don't think I could let them sit around that long. They would be the first things gone in my house and the leftover brisket would be set aside and frozen for later use.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    eat them and then make another one later :)
    context is important :)
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,953
    I've never done it, but I would think it would be fine.  I always shrink wrap anything I freeze so it won't get freezer burn.  I bet burnt ends would be great in baked beans.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Well......they didn't make it to the freezer :P They were eaten up pretty quickly!
  • SpoonSpoon Posts: 328
    Well......they didn't make it to the freezer :P They were eaten up pretty quickly!

That's kinda what I figured.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon