Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza ?'s

Options
Toz
Toz Posts: 14
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Baking first pizza on the BGE tonight!  Have baking stone, platesetter etc.  Do I use the platesetter with the grate and pizza stone on top, or just put the pizza stone on top of the grill with not platesetter?

Comments

• outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    Options
    use platesetter with feet up... put on grid, then pizza stone....... or can use platesetter with legs down,, with spacers between the platesetter and pizza stone.... both ways work..... i cook at 550 for pizza.... just make sure the egg is preheated approx 45 mins....

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• Toz
    Options
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    Salty Hogs BBQ Posts: 171
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I use the platesetter feet down, BGE  3 little green feet/spacers (you got them when you bought your large Egg--I'm assuming yours is the large), then the pizza stone.  The pizza always turns out awesome.  A big favorite in my household and with friends.
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    Options
    I cook between 500-550 for pizza.  Seems to a perfect temp for me for toppings and crust (both cook perfectly without burning or one cooking faster than the other).
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Same as above but I do mine around 600 degrees.  To each his own
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Toz
    Options
    The day after report....1st pizza flop (didn't have the pizza stone on the egg when I preheated),  2nd pizza better just took too long, third pizza AWESOME!  Cooked in about 8 minutes and was awesome.  Blew out the BGE gasket on the third pizza but didn't care cause the pizza was so good.  

My ? is do I buy the BGE gasket at the retailer or is there a better one online?

Thanks!
  • Toz
    Options
    Found this by Hi-Que, anyone have any feedback?

Nomex High Heat Gasket with Adhesive Upgrade Kit for Large Big Green Egg Grill
        • Size: Large Big Green Egg
        • Manufacturer Part Number: HQNXBGEL
        • UPC: 738435247508
    Price:
    $33.88

HIGH-QUE HAS THE ANSWER

We've developed the perfect solution to your grilling needs with our "Smarter High Heat Replacement Gasket Kits". Because our gaskets last longer than wool and outperform them in every other respect, there's no reason to go back to the old way.

Our "Smarter High Heat Replacement Gasket Kit" is the only high heat replacement gasket that includes a high-temperature adhesive strip! That's what makes them so much smarter.
  • windnsea26
    windnsea26 Posts: 159
    Options
    I just called Big Green Egg and they sent me some Nomex one.  I've cooked about a dozen pizzas at about 550-600 degrees so far and it's still doing great.  Also, it was FREE:)
    San Diego, CA
  • achtungpv
    Options
    Found this by Hi-Que, anyone have any feedback?

I installed the Nomex gasket with self adhesive about 3 months ago. I've
    taken the egg to 1,000 degrees with no gasket issues whatsoever.