Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs are on!

Options
jostheim
jostheim Posts: 53
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Recalling the membrane discussion I started, the 3 costco racks I rubbed last night had no membrane, while the 1 hormel rack I had did have a membrane (and it came off very easily).

Anyway they are on the egg now!

For anyone interested in watching the cook progress:  http://www.bbqbuds.com/jostheim/cooks/5  

Only a pit temp to monitor this time, I don't know how to temp ribs (too thin).  Kind of like watching paint dry watching the graph, but lets me run errands without worrying.  

Comments

• CrazyHarry
    CrazyHarry Posts: 112
    Options
    Nice!  I'm cooking up some ribs today, too.  Getting hungry already...
  • Vol Jack
    Vol Jack Posts: 35
    Options
    Same here....about to put 3 racks of BB's on....got them from Sam's last night.
  • CrazyHarry
    CrazyHarry Posts: 112
    Options
    How did everyone's ribs turn out?

Mine were great!  Although they were delicious I can't say they were the best tasting ribs I've ever made, but they were possibly the best cooked.  They had a little chew, came clean off the bone, not dry or greasy.  Awesome!  (I used Car Wash Mike's technique.)

Next time I probably won't use quite as much smoke, and I may try a different rub/sauce/mopping sauce.  Overall, though, my wife and I loved them!