Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

whole salmon

giantwing
giantwing Posts: 189
edited August 2011 in Forum List
Got a whole pink salmon ready to go. Usually I fillet them but I thought I would try it whole. Anybody have any thoughts?

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    I attended a grilling class years ago where they did a whole salmon.  Salt & pepper in the cavity, then she lined the cavity with sliced lemon, and then stuffed it with handfuls of fresh dill.  It was delicious!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• egginator
    egginator Posts: 569
    Sweet Walla Walla onions in the cavity wouldn't hurt either

• Reflib
    Reflib Posts: 16
    I used to commercial fish salmon. When we sold 'em to the Company they were called 'Humpies". By the time they got to the fish market they turned into Fancy Canadian Pink Salmon and the price had gone up. Way up. We used to put a bit of brown sugar and a strip or two of bacon in the cavity and they tasted mighty good on the Q. Only thing that can go wrong is to over cook them - same as any seafood. Best of luck with your 'Hump"! Sure it'll be great.
    ;)
    Right here is the Promised Land. Right now is the Golden Age.