Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef short ribs. Now what?

PjoePjoe Posts: 224
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Went to Sams today and wound up with some beef short ribs. I don't have a clue how to prep and cook them. Any help is apprciated!
Bill
LBGE AR SMALL BGE WOO RING

Comments

• Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    try doing a search for short ribs. they have been posted in the past.
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,362
    Korean Bulgogi!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • Not to be picky, but bulgogi is sliced beef, marinated and grilled.  Kalbi is beef short rib meat.
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,362
    Hmmm, I picked up some "bulgogi beef" at the Commissary, it was ribs sliced across the bones, and that's how I cooked them. Guess I need to do some research... 

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • PjoePjoe Posts: 224
    These are cut across the bone if that matters.
    LBGE AR SMALL BGE WOO RING
  • drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    I'd rub them and smoke them for a couple hours at 250. Then toss them in a foil pan with a cup of coffee or beef broth. Cover and cook at 300 until very tender. Probably another couple hours. Add a little mopre coffee or broth if it runs out. I'd cook some noodles and toss them in the drippings for a side dish. Mmmm
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ