Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Peppers

thebtls
thebtls Posts: 2,300
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Ingredients
5-6 Large Green/Orange Bell peppers
1 Lb. Medium Italian Sausage
½ Lb. Lean Ground Beef (organic)
6 Large Green Onions, diced
10 oz. Yellow Saffron Rice (pre-cooked) –Substitute White
8 oz. finely shredded Parmesan cheese
48 Oz. Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce (2-24 Oz bottles)
2 Cups Mozzarella, finely grated
4 Large Garlic Cloves peeled and minced.
Celery Salt and Garlic Pepper (to taste)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)

Photobucket

Preparation
1. Cut tops from peppers and remove membranes and seeds; for more tender peppers, par-boil for 5 minutes and drain
2.Cook Saffron Rice in 2 ½ Cups of boiling water in a 4 Qt. Emile Henry Stew Pot with a drizzle of EVOO
3.Bring BGE to full flame and drizzle EVOO into a Emile Henry Cassoulet and brown the sausage, ground beef in a drizzle of EVOO with the green onions, celery salt, garlic pepper and diced garlic.
4.Spoon pasta sauce into 13” Emile Henry Roaster about 1/2” deep
5.Mix the rice into the browned meat in the cassoulet with the parmesan cheese in the cassoulet and stuff the peppers with the mixture.
6.Sprinkle 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese over peppers then pour remainder of Pasta Sauce over peppers
7.Sprinkle remainder of Mozzarella cheese over the top
8.Remove Grid and replace with Plate Setter positioned with the legs DOWN; close lid and stabilize temperature to 350-375 degrees and bake for 45 minutes.
Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241

Comments